Thursday, September 15, 2011

Making A Baby Book

A new idea has entered my head :).


I have my B.A. from Evangel University in Art Education (Kindergarten -12th grades) and am currently a stay-at-home-momma to a beautiful 8-month old little girl, Luciana.
I was recently reading some of Luci's board books to her when I realized how much I love kids' books, for they are full of colorful pictures and simple words. So, why not use my art talent to make a personalized book for my little girl?!


My personal favorite stuffed animal that Luci owns is her Giraffe. Because of my favoritism, I plan on making a book about a little giraffe, a "get-to-know-me" book about Giraffes :). 


Plans for the book:


1) I am going to first do a couple of sketches from Luci's Giraffe and try to figure out if I want a realistic looking Giraffe or a cartoonish looking character.


2) I will then do a rough outline of how I want to write the Giraffe story book


3) I will sketch the pages out using a pencil and then overlay colors on the penciled drawing


4) After the book is all illustrated, I will add the words. I may type them on the computer, stencil them, or draw them free hand.


5) Once the book is completed, I will get it laminated (though it would be cool to get it published :p)


6) Lastly, I plan on adding an attached bookmark to the book that has three purposes:


             I. To act as a place-marker
            II. To be useful as a teething toy :)
           III. To act as an interaction device for Luci and I to use as a pointer to point to the   
      different facts about the Giraffe that the book is describing.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment