Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pin Cushion Braclet

Today I started to make a few more cloth diaper covers, so I decided that I needed a pin cushion!  In the past I had seen a really neat YouTube video by "crafty gemini" on how to make a pincushion braclet. I made mine a bit different, but used the same general idea.


I used a milk cap as my base instead of a soda cap, used hemp as my pin cushion "guts" instead of batting, and used hemp for the outside instead of felt.  I used hot glue to adhear the cushion to the bottle cap and the bottle cap to the wrist band.  Then, for the final touch I used a diaper snap to get the braclet on and off. 


We will see how I like it, but I figure it's safer for me to drop this on the floor to pick up really fast than to drop my whole plastic container of pins on the floor with Luciana crawling around!!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment