Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wow, it had been too long since I posted in this... Yea, I am not the best blogger, but I do have a couple new ideas!


I recently started drawing again and am falling in love with it :).  I just finished a commissioned portrait of a couple who lost their wedding photos to a fire after 6 months of marriage. I was able to create a 16" x 20" drawing of them from some wedding photos that someone else had taken and given to them after the fire.  I drew their first wedding portrait after over 40 YEARS of marriage. 


The 3" x 3" photograph I had to work with (Permission to use photo granted)



The finished artwork, framed and in their hands. (Permission to use photo granted)


Doing this artwork gave me another idea.  I enjoyed working on the lace wedding dress and thought that I could benefit from a little more of a lace study.  The lace looked pretty good, but not realistic enough for my taste.  So, my next artwork is going to consist of either a solid background color with acrylic or more of a translucent feel with water color and an overlay of black lace.  I want this piece to have three separate panels and two different colors.  Here is a rough sketch that I put together (I am not going to use these colors, and the lace will be more detailed):

Lace panels:


(At the same time I am going to be working on a Mother-Baby Nursing series that I hope to show in one of our town's First Friday artwalks in months to come. I want to bring an awarness to the benefits of nursing and also to display the mother-to-child bond, as well as show that it should be culturally okay to nurse and in public.)


No comments:

Post a Comment